Thursday, March 5, 2015

A week of Quilts - Day 3

I woke up very early this morning with thoughts of what quilts I would share today.  I was going to share applique quilts, then realized that many of my applique quilts are living in other people's homes.  I have put in requests for pictures for tomorrow or Friday.

So, today is Foundation Pieced Quilts.

There was a time when I loved to paper piece.  It was all I did.  I will now make one or two pieced blocks, but the thought of paper piecing a whole quilt does not appeal to me.  What does appeal to me is seeing how small I can make the quilts!

Here is a picture of 4 quilts.  The blocks range in size from 1 1/2" to 3" finished.  I called this pattern Woven Geese.  This pattern works well with gradated hand dyed fabrics.


I stitched this lovely little scene as a time of play....no particular reason.  The border is too big for the block but the piecing is tiny.

This last quilt is a lovely wall hanging my mother made for me.  She LOVES to paper piece!.  You'll have to turn your head to the side to see that it says "welcome".    For the life of me I can't get it to rotate!


No comments:

Post a Comment