Sunday, February 28, 2016

The Splendid Sampler #1

OK, OK, so participating in the Farmer's Wife 1930's Sampler Quilt along isn't enough, I have decided to ALSO do The Splendid Sampler.  More 6" blocks....goodie!

Debby Brown was telling us about this sew along last week when she was in Calgary teaching at the WonderFil Threaducation Centre.  She showed us a couple of the blocks she has already sewn and I was hooked!

I'm thinking of hosting a monthly or bi-weekly sew time, where I can get together with others and sew the blocks.  We would offer help and support to one another as we work on the blocks.




Last week when Debby was here we took a drive to the mountains.  No drive west is complete without a visit to Sugar Pine Quilt Company in down town Canmore.   I ALWAYS spend a few minutes upstairs and pick up a few batiks.  I think they have the best selection around!  So, I  picked up a bunch and have chosen a teal/blue/green colour scheme for this quilt.  Here are some of the fabrics and I am sure I'll add more as time progresses.



The first 5 blocks are cut and ready to sew.  I think I'll try to cut and store in plastic bags so that I will always be prepared and can sit down and sew with minimal prep time.

No comments:

Post a Comment