Saturday, March 5, 2016

Quilt Club

I have joined many sewing/quilting groups over the years.  Some have been formal organizations and some have been loose gatherings of like minded people.

I currently belong to 3 quilt groups and sew (almost) regularly with a group of friends.  Each of these groups serve a different purpose in my sewing/quilting life.

One group I have wanted to join is one where we challenge each other and encourage each other in our craft.  I have't found a group yet, but I am still hoping I'll find a few like minded people soon.

One group or club that I did start this year at WonderFil Threaducation Centre was a quilt group.   We meet the 4th Wednesday evening of the month and look at a different quilting shapes and it's many variations.  So far, we've looked at Squggles and Loops.  We have spent time doodling and creating many, many variations.  

I have created a Quilt Club Binder that the participants got on the first night.  I've included some of my doodles and give lots of space for club members to add their own designs.   It's amazing what we can do with paper and pen or needle and thread.

Our next meeting will be on Wednesday, March 23 at the WonderFil Threaducation Centre.

Thought I'd share some pictures of my doodling on the white board during our last club meeting.

In our Loops meeting, we started with simple loops and looked at variations.





We filled blocks



I've lots of ideas....probably too many, but my hope is that as a group we'll encourage each other to stretch our quilting skills and try something other than basic loops and meandering.



No comments:

Post a Comment