Monday, May 16, 2016

It's time for a change.

It's time to gather the loose threads of my life and pull them together into one beautiful fabric!

After 2 plus years of close association with WonderFil Specialty Threads and the WonderFil Threaducation Centre, I am taking the leap and going off on my own! I have loved my time at the WTC.  I have found that I want to do more quilting (for myself and customers) and more teaching and much more travelling.

So, I have moved my Handi Quilter Longarm quilting machine home and set up a classroom/studio in the lower level.  I will soon be scheduling some teaching activities as well as spending more time in front of  'AVA', my Handi Quilter Avante.  I have a lot of projects that I want to quilt for myself as well as take the time to quilt more quilts for customers.

One of the things I loved the best with my association with the WTC was helping quilters on the longarm machines.  I loved teaching, encouraging and helping them quilt their quilts on the longarms. I will be making my machine available for regular rentals for those who want to quilt on the longarms.

I will also be doing a bit of travelling on behalf of Central Sewing Machines (Edmonton) and Handi Quilter.  I will be doing some travelling and teaching at events in Western Canada.

I used to write patterns and want to renew that aspect of my life.

I love to teach quilting and sewing and want to continue to grow my teaching abilities and the variety of classes that I teach.

I love to sew clothes and want to sew more of my own wardrobe as well as open up my classroom/studio for opportunities for others to do the same.

I will be posting my teaching schedule on this blog and my Meadow Rose Quilting facebook pages.

So, there you have it folks!  The next step.

Allison

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to see you leave Wonderfil Allison but hope to keep in touch - wishing you good luck in your new endeavours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison - congratulations on your decision! I wish you all the very best in your new adventures and hope that our paths continue to cross!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you will be making your machine available for quilting, since I have a pile built up again, LOL! All the best, sounds like you are moving towards filling your days exactly the way you want to...xoxox Janet

    ReplyDelete